Saturday, November 7, 2009

11/7

This is a new creative project that I'm doing just for fun. It's basically an outlet for pictures that don't fall neatly into any particular category but that want to share. I guess this is sort of my birthday gift to myself. I know I'm not a great photographer but I enjoy taking pictures. If someone else gets any sort of pleasure out of viewing them, my day is made.

I do a lot of traveling, cooking and galavanting and the images will reflect that. The pictures I post will be selected on a somewhat random basis. Whatever speaks to me that day will be plucked, jotted and posted.

I wasn't sure how to start this off but I emptied out my camera today and this one grabbed me. A group of some of my girlfriends accompanied my family and I out to Doylestown, PA for a birthday trip. It's a lovely little town and we had a great time wandering around. I snapped this picture of my daughter, Molly, in front of this old church and I really love the way it turned out. She has been the greatest source of joy and pride in my life and I feel that I grow more in the right direction on each of my birthdays because of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment